Please visit our site again at a future date.
Give Back to Your Community… Volunteer
Victim Services of Peel volunteers are critical to the ongoing success of the agency’s ability to provide 24/7 crisis support to individuals who have been affected by crime and or tragic circumstances within the region of Peel.
Volunteers are integral and highly valued members of our team who work alongside our full time crisis counsellors providing crisis intervention, support, resources and referrals as well as court advocacy to our clients.
Please be assured that any information you provide in your application will remain confidential. Before you begin the application process, please ensure that you have obtained contact information for 2 personal references as this is required to complete the application process. You will also be asked to closely review our guidelines, volunteer training schedules and confirm that you are able to fulfill all requirements for the role in which you are applying for.
Once we have received your application and confirmed that you are able to fulfill all the requirements and your referees have completed and submitted the reference forms, you will be contacted to advise of the next steps.
Please set-aside enough time to complete and review the application in one sitting as the system does not permit you to save, exit and re-enter at a later time (approximately 60 mins).
Volunteer Screening, Selection and Training Processes
- Submission of an online application form
- Submission of two verifiable references
- Initial Telephone Interview
- Candidates selected to move on will be requested to attend a person to person interview
- Completion of a Police Records Search
- Submission of all required forms and documentation
- Offer of acceptance re: training program
- Successful completion of training, exams and assessments
- Successful completion of shadow shifts
- Approval to active service with six months’ probation